Saturday, January 10, 2009

Political Pancakes



Today I attended the Johnson County Democratic Party Breakfast. I skipped the actual breakfast part since I woke up at 4 am and had leftover pizza from dinner the previous night.

Dennis Moore was there but left about 20 min into the speaker's presentation. I didn't get the speaker's name but her presentation explored the Obama campaign. I found it pretty interesting. People at the event seemed pretty stoked about the possibility of using "new" tools like campaign blogs and YouTube. I know, I know ....

There was only one other person of color at the event, which was a little disappointing considering how many minorities are usually Democrats
Anyway, at the end of the meeting they announced that the next monthly meeting will feature a forum for candidates in the spring elections -- that's' me!

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to have a video the forum so I can upload it to YouTube. Anyone with a cam wanna volunteer to be my videographer?

0 comments: